Tuesday, April 7, 2015

5 Random Facts.

(please pardon my crazed expression here... I'm just so excited!)

Oh my goodness, I have my own blog? It's definitely time to crack open a little sparkling grape juice (preferably white!) and throw some colorful confetti! I cannot wait to start documenting my life through posts of fashion, food, creative writing endeavors, and so much more! It will be so much fun connecting with new people who are like-minded, and now instead of stalking the blogs, I'll actually have my own! And, for starters, I thought it would be a grand idea to open up this blog with 5 random facts about myself.

I am a reader and a writer.

That might come as no surprise to you since I list reading and writing pretty much every where on the blog. But, alas, it is true! I remember when I was younger and asking for books for Christmas and my birthdays instead of the usual toys and trinkets my siblings asked for. My love for reading developed into a passion for stories, both the written and visual kind. In fact, I am currently working on my first debut novel (no details can be given out currently, though)!

I love the 1940's.

The 1940's are my favorite time period and it greatly affects my taste in clothing and choice of music. I could sit in a diner with oxfords on and listen to The Andrew Sisters all day if I could make my own decisions about things like that. I find that people were classier during those times and so full of life and purpose. I love how even housewives got dressed up to cook, clean, and welcome their husbands home from work. Nowadays, so many people are in this "take me as I am and like me" state of mind that it makes me yearn for the past with the morals and social standards of that day.

I believe in fairytales.

Well, maybe not quite, but I sure do like to read and write them. I think my love of fairytales comes directly from this quote by G. K. Chesterton:
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
I love the romance and simplicity and the strength in fairytales just as much as I love the complex plot lines and intriguing characters of today's novels (which is quite a bit!). I apparently love them so much that I named my blog after one of the most famous fairytales of them all (among other reasons)!

I am in love with Jesus.

I am a Christian, and because of that, my blog will reflect that in some way or another. Just like how I talk about the Lord in my every day speech with strangers, this blog will have some Christian influence in it. I by no means want to be preachy (as that is just not my style), but many of my posts will talk about my faith in God and Hi undying grace. I pray that I can make some sort of impact in your lives, dear readers.

I've been homeschooled my entire life.

And I would honestly never change a thing. I'm actually thinking about blogging about my experience with home education at some point. It's very dear to my heart and the benefits outweigh pretty much everything.

/////

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and have enjoyed hearing my 5 random facts about myself. I'll be blogging twice a week, so you can look forward to the next post being on Friday! 

Much love,
Samantha

27 comments:

  1. What a thoroughly lovely introduction post, Samantha. Warmest welcome to the world of blogging! I began my own site six years ago this very same month and can tell you first hand that the time flies by as blogger so long as you adore what you're doing. I hope that such proves to be the case for you and wish you nothing but the best with exciting new endeavour you've embarked upon!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea what your kind words means to me! Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world Samantha! I'm excited to see where you will go from here. :)

    Blessings,

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Brigid. :) Your encouragement is much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. *throws confetti* YAY! Welcome to the blogging world! Great first post, I can't wait to see more from you! :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Oh, and I love your blog! :)

      Delete
    2. BTW, I nominated you for an award. ;)
      http://disneyfans4ever2.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-liebster-award.html

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    3. How fun! I'll be sure to put it on the blog schedule. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Oh my....I am in love with your blog already!!! After reading this post i realized that it was totally me....everything you mentioned are things I love also:) What a coincidence:)
    Well, Samantha, so very glad you have joined the blogsphere! I cannot wait for more of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this makes me so happy! Great minds do think alike... ;)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful blog! And we both have a lot of similarities. I'm an obsessive reader and crazy writer, I think the 40s are darling, and fairytales...*wistful sigh* There are no words. They're the best. I was also homeschooled all my life and forever in love with Jesus.

    Congratulations on your new blogging endeavors! I know you're going to have a blast.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that is quite a lot in common! Maybe we are kindred spirits? ;)
      Thank you very much for your kind words!

      Delete
  6. Facts numbers 2 and 4 make me so happy that I decided to stop by and subscribe! (I can't remember whose blog I found you link on!!) I can't wait to read your future posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me happy as well! Thank you for subscribing! :)
      *cue "I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends*

      Delete
  7. Facts 1 and three are two things that resonate with me! :) I love retelling fairy tales to young children. My parents often discourage the action because it doesn't seem grown up and what not but honestly? It's not bad to have a youthful spirit. Welcome to the blogging world!

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    (P.S. I love your design.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely resonate with me as well. ;) I have been blessed with parents who have always encouraged the classics, even well into my teen years. There is just something so sweet and genuine about them. And your right... Nothing is wrong with a youthful spirit! :)

      And thank you! I'm incredibly proud to say that I did it all on my own! I love yours as well!

      Delete
  8. Nice to meet you, Samantha! Very good post...I really enjoy your writing style and look forward to many posts to come. I am also homeschooled and Jesus is my bae ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Samantha, welcome to the blogging community, you'll LOVE it! I have been blogging for about a year now, and it feels like I've been blogging all my life, yet I can remember the day I started my blog! Memories...

    Anyway, WELCOME!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this looks like such a fun blog! I love writing and fairytales too! I also love your name.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am glad you like fairytales as well!
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  11. Welcome to the blogging world, Samantha! I'm a graduated homeschooler and I also have a love for fairytales and oldfashioned times. I can't wait to see more from you! ^ ^

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Samantha and thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment! I'm glad you did because I love yo explore new blogs and from what I've read so far on yours, it's going to be a great place to come back for more stories and thoughts. I'm really curious of your love for fairy tales because I definitely share this love! It would also be very interesting to read about your experience of being home schooled. It's not very popular where I live but somehow I feel it's a very good solution. It would be great to learn about your first hand experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like fairytales as well! There is just something so pure and timeless about them (they would have to be in order to withstand the toil of time and still be popular some hundred years after being written!) that draws me towards them. Plus, some are just so interesting and different that you can't help but love them! :)

      I am a strong advocate for homeschooling... I feel like it has given me more freedoms and time to experience and really nail down what I like and what I don't like (plus I've been able to start a successful photography business in my spare time). I still get the same amount of education as everyone else, just at home. It's actually kind of funny because I've been made fun of for being homeschooled my whole life, but in talking with the other seniors in my Sunday school class at church I have found out that after their graduation they still have to take summer courses to complete their degree where as I will be completely done and with honors! I'm planning on writing a post about that in the near future (most likely after May 15th when I graduate).

      Thank you for the comment! :)

      Delete

Hello, dear ones!

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please refrain yourselves from hateful words, mean-spirited remarks, and things of the like. Remember this rule: If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother, you shouldn't say it at all.

Please do not fret if you do not see your comment appear at first! I moderate all comments to ensure that I see each and every one of them and can respond accordingly.

Much love,
Samantha