Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Review: Cinderella (2015)

(image provided by Disney)

"When her father unexpectedly passes away, young Ella finds herself at the mercy of her cruel stepmother and her daughters. Never one to give up hope, Ella's fortunes begin to change after meeting a dashing young stranger."

//////

5 stars!

I can tell you that when I first saw the trailer for the new live-action Cinderella, I was expecting it to cater to the little girls of the crowd and only be appealing for those who were born in 2000 and after. But how wrong I was! 

Cinderella is filled with beautiful cinematography, gorgeous costumes, detailed story lines, and the most beautiful pair of glass slippers you have ever seen. I first saw it a couple of weeks after it came out (mainly to let the crowds die down, but partly because I was avoiding what I thought would be a disaster), and I loved every minute of it. I laughed, I cried, and I became all jittery inside when Ella saw Kit for the first time. It was probably one of the most wonderful movies I have ever seen and I was sad when I left the theater as it was like confirmation that the movie had ended. 

But, I was able to see it again when I went to Downtown Disney a few weeks ago with my family, and my sister can testify to the fact that I cried and laughed all at the same parts as I did when I saw it for the first time! It truly is just one of those movies that will move you every single time you turn it on, and I am incredibly excited for when it comes out and I can add it to my collection of movies!

Cinderella was filled with a bountiful of good morals pertaining to kindness and forgiveness (I actually am planning out a blog post on forgiveness and how Ella lived it out). Ella demonstrates what the Bible calls us to do, forgiving "7 times 70 times" (Matthew 18:21 - 22) and never holding a grudge over her stepmother. In the end, one of the last few words she says in the movie to her stepmother was "I forgive you" (I still get chills when I think about it!). 

It truly was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Disney did a fantastic job putting together such a beloved story in the form of a live-action movie and I cannot wait to see what they do in the future (apparently The Beauty and the Beast is underway!)! I'm secretly hoping that they do a Snow White remake because Mirror, Mirror wasn't all too impressive, and from what I hear, Snow White and the Huntsman was horribly casted and executed. We shall see!

//////

I might be a little absent in the next few weeks. I am graduating from high school on May 15th, but until then, my weeks will be jammed packed with math, English, and economics homework, as well as a last minute trip to Washington D. C. in the coming weeks. I will be trying my very best to update the blog (even putting this post together took me days of adding to it here and there when I found the time), but I might not meet my desired 2 posts a week regiment until after May 15th. Please know that I haven't given up or abandoned anything this early in the game! I have post idea upon post idea stored in my notebooks, so please expect lots of posts after I graduate! :)

Much love,
Samantha

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Cinderella! I really should go and watch this movie, but since the final stretch of the school year is coming up, I can't. And don't worry about the small blogging break; I'm sure that there will be plenty who shall be experiencing the same, end of the year and all. :) Have fun with graduation and your trip to D.C.!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard for me to even find the time to watch it! But my mom stressed to me that I needed to take an evening's break and go see a movie with the family, and I am so glad I did! I do hope you get to see it soon!
      Oh yes. The end of the year is always stressful, especially for a homeschooler! Thank you for understanding. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVED this movie. So so so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited, at the end of the week I will get to go see it with my sister. I have wanted to watch it ever since I first saw the trailer - it looks amazing!

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it truly was amazing! You will love it!

      Delete
  4. It's not everyday that I venture to say I love a movie before I've even in seen it, but this one falls into that camp. The photos I've seen all over the web of the costumes have me smitten as the day is long with it. I can't wait to watch it!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The costumes were definitely one of the most impressive parts! You will love it! :)

      Delete

Hello, dear ones!

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please refrain yourselves from hateful words, mean-spirited remarks, and things of the like. Remember this rule: If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother, you shouldn't say it at all.

Please do not fret if you do not see your comment appear at first! I moderate all comments to ensure that I see each and every one of them and can respond accordingly.

Much love,
Samantha